QUAINT AND CHARACTERFUL COTTAGE WITH LARGE GARDEN
Dating back to the 17th century this traditional 3 bedroom cottage offers a wealth of character and charm with exposed beams and an inglenook fireplace. The property benefits from off road parking and a large rear garden. The village of Maisemore is situated to the West of Gloucester with good commuter links into the city . VIEWING STRONGLY ADVISED.
- Exposed Beams
- Inglenook fireplace
- 100 ft plus garden
- Village Location
- EPC F31
To the front of the property which is accessed via a driveway shared with neighbouring properties and in turn leads to parking area suitable for 2 vehicles and the front door. Entrance is into the hallway with doors leading off to the living room, snug and kitchen/breakfast room. Stairways lead up from the hallway to the first floor. The kitchen/breakfast room leads through to the large conservatory and out into the garden. Upstairs are three bedrooms bursting with character and a bathroom boasting a wrought iron roll top bath, with separate shower cubicle, w.c. and wash hand basin.
Gated side access leads around to the rear courtyard garden off the conservatory and then opens into a large open space off patio and lawn with a variety of mature trees and hedgerows. The rear garden measures approx 135 ft in length and backs onto surrounding farmland. Services at the property are oil fired central heating, mains water, electric and drainage.
Maisemore is a village and civil parish, it lies on the A417 approx 4.02km (2.5 miles) northwest of Gloucester, on the west bank of the River Severn. Maisemore Bridge connects the village to Alney Island, and provides a viewpoint for the Severn bore. Maisemore Weir and Lock were built in about 1870. The weir is at the upper limit of the tides on the Severn. The lock is no longer in use. There is a church, dedicated to St Giles which is part of the West of Severn Benefice incorporating the villages of Ashleworth, Corse, Hartpury, Hasfield, Maisemore, Staunton and Tirley.
Leave Newent via Gloucester proceed on the B4215. Turn left signposted Hartpury and Upleadon. Turn next right signposted Hartpury and continue onto Corsend Road. At the junction of the A417 turn right proceed through the village of Hartpury and into Maisemore. Continue into the the village and take the first right into Old Road and follow this lane for a short distance before turning right onto the driveway which leads to the property.
Tenure, Services, Local Authority
Oil fired central heating, mains water, electric and drainage
Tewkesbury Borough Council Tax Band D (£1535.44 - 2017/18)