Whilst we have been spoilt with the long hot summer, our gardens have been suffering in the heat. Do not despair, there are still lots of jobs that you can be doing to ensure your garden looks glorious until Autumn.
The RHS have given their top 10 jobs for August:
1. Prune Wisteria
2. Don’t delay summer pruning fruits trained as restricted forms
3. Deadhead flowering plants regularly
4. Watering! - particularly containers, and new plants, preferably with grey recycled water or stored rainwater
5. Collect seed from garden plants
6. Harvest sweetcorn and other vegetables as they become ready
7. Continue cutting out old fruited canes on raspberries
8. Lift and pot up rooted strawberry runners
9. Keep ponds and water features topped up
10. Feed the soil with green manures
For more excellent gardening tips click here.
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Cheltenham | Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse
Selling or renting your home can be stressful experience, but with clever technology and expert help from your agent, it can be made much easier. Together with...
Steeped in history, culturally diverse, with some incredibly innovative development projects underway, Gloucester is a popular place to live – with favourable...
Rishi Suhnak has confirmed that the stamp duty holiday will be extended until the end of September 2021. No stamp will be charged up to £500,000 until the end...