Whilst we have been spoilt with the long hot summer, our gardens have been suffering in the heat. Do not despair, there are still lots of jobs that you can be doing to ensure your garden looks glorious until Autumn.
The RHS have given their top 10 jobs for August:
1. Prune Wisteria
2. Don’t delay summer pruning fruits trained as restricted forms
3. Deadhead flowering plants regularly
4. Watering! - particularly containers, and new plants, preferably with grey recycled water or stored rainwater
5. Collect seed from garden plants
6. Harvest sweetcorn and other vegetables as they become ready
7. Continue cutting out old fruited canes on raspberries
8. Lift and pot up rooted strawberry runners
9. Keep ponds and water features topped up
10. Feed the soil with green manures
For more excellent gardening tips click here.
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Cheltenham | Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse
This environmentally conscious, artsy and pet-friendly town is a great choice for house hunters in Gloucestershire – SoGlos share their top 10 reasons to...
With outside space and garden rooms high on buyer’s wish lists, we share our top tips on making your home more saleable this summer. Demand for properties...
With its breath-taking natural beauty, affordable property prices and abundance of things to do for the family, the Forest of Dean is a wonderful place to live. ...