Whilst we have been spoilt with the long hot summer, our gardens have been suffering in the heat. Do not despair, there are still lots of jobs that you can be doing to ensure your garden looks glorious until Autumn.
The RHS have given their top 10 jobs for August:
1. Prune Wisteria
2. Don’t delay summer pruning fruits trained as restricted forms
3. Deadhead flowering plants regularly
4. Watering! - particularly containers, and new plants, preferably with grey recycled water or stored rainwater
5. Collect seed from garden plants
6. Harvest sweetcorn and other vegetables as they become ready
7. Continue cutting out old fruited canes on raspberries
8. Lift and pot up rooted strawberry runners
9. Keep ponds and water features topped up
10. Feed the soil with green manures
For more excellent gardening tips click here.
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Cheltenham | Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse
We are delighted to announce that Naylor Powell have won The British Property Award for Gloucester (West). The British Property Awards are one of the most...
Newent Cricket Club is a thriving grass roots club set in a stunning location, mid-way between Gloucester and the Forest of Dean. This friendly club welcomes...
Zoopla have released their latest House Price Index for the UK. This interesting article gives accurate data and insight into the UK housing market....