As the official start of spring, March is the perfect time to get back out in the garden to prepare for the longer warmer days to come. Here are the RHS's top 10 tips for what to do in your garden this month:
1. Protect new spring shoots from slugs
2. Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
3. Plant summer-flowering bulbs
4. Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
5. Top dress containers with fresh compost
6. Mow the lawn on dry days (if needed)
7. Cut back Cornus (dogwood) and Salix (willow) grown for colourful winter stems
8. Weeds come back in to growth - deal with them before they get out of hand
9. Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
10. Open the greenhouse or conservatory doors and vents on warm days
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse
Organising the logistics of moving home can be a daunting task. Local removal and storage firm KJS National Movers have been moving clients of...
Renters Reform Bill – Don’t panic! The much-anticipated Renters (Reform) Bill was finally put to Parliament last week. As expected, we...
From deposits to accidental landlords, there are many terms within the process of letting a property that you may have never come across before. Don’t worry as...