As the official start of spring, March is the perfect time to get back out in the garden to prepare for the longer warmer days to come. Here are the RHS's top 10 tips for what to do in your garden this month:
1. Protect new spring shoots from slugs
2. Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
3. Plant summer-flowering bulbs
4. Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
5. Top dress containers with fresh compost
6. Mow the lawn on dry days (if needed)
7. Cut back Cornus (dogwood) and Salix (willow) grown for colourful winter stems
8. Weeds come back in to growth - deal with them before they get out of hand
9. Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
10. Open the greenhouse or conservatory doors and vents on warm days
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse
Selling or renting your home can be stressful experience, but with clever technology and expert help from your agent, it can be made much easier. Together with...
Steeped in history, culturally diverse, with some incredibly innovative development projects underway, Gloucester is a popular place to live – with favourable...
Rishi Suhnak has confirmed that the stamp duty holiday will be extended until the end of September 2021. No stamp will be charged up to £500,000 until the end...