As the official start of spring, March is the perfect time to get back out in the garden to prepare for the longer warmer days to come. Here are the RHS's top 10 tips for what to do in your garden this month:
1. Protect new spring shoots from slugs
2. Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
3. Plant summer-flowering bulbs
4. Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
5. Top dress containers with fresh compost
6. Mow the lawn on dry days (if needed)
7. Cut back Cornus (dogwood) and Salix (willow) grown for colourful winter stems
8. Weeds come back in to growth - deal with them before they get out of hand
9. Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
10. Open the greenhouse or conservatory doors and vents on warm days
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse
This environmentally conscious, artsy and pet-friendly town is a great choice for house hunters in Gloucestershire – SoGlos share their top 10 reasons to...
With outside space and garden rooms high on buyer’s wish lists, we share our top tips on making your home more saleable this summer. Demand for properties...
With its breath-taking natural beauty, affordable property prices and abundance of things to do for the family, the Forest of Dean is a wonderful place to live. ...