As the official start of spring, March is the perfect time to get back out in the garden to prepare for the longer warmer days to come. Here are the RHS's top 10 tips for what to do in your garden this month:
1. Protect new spring shoots from slugs
2. Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
3. Plant summer-flowering bulbs
4. Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
5. Top dress containers with fresh compost
6. Mow the lawn on dry days (if needed)
7. Cut back Cornus (dogwood) and Salix (willow) grown for colourful winter stems
8. Weeds come back in to growth - deal with them before they get out of hand
9. Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
10. Open the greenhouse or conservatory doors and vents on warm days
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse
From deposits to subletting, there are many terms within the process of letting a property that you may have never come across before. Don’t worry as you are...
We had a fantastic team outing to Dean Laser Clay Ltd in Newnham. Beautiful surroundings and a lot of fun. The 'shooting...
When it comes to buying or selling a home, there is a lot of jargon that you may not be familiar with. Don’t worry as you are not on your own with...