September has so far proven a little wet in Gloucestershire so we haven't been able to enjoy our gardens as much as we would like. We mustn't complain though after the glorious August Bank Holiday weekend!
Autumn is a wonderful time of the year to take advantage of the wealth of blackberries on our doorstep. There is nothing quite like a home-made apple and blackberry crumble. The autumn is also a great time of year to prepare your garden for the following spring.
Once again the RHS have provided a list of jobs for the garden this month:
- Divide herbaceous pereniels
- Pick autumn rasberries
- Collect and sow seed from perenniels and hardy annuals
- Dig up remaining potaties before slug damage spoils them
- Net ponds before leaf fall gets underway
- Keep up with watering of new plants, using rain or grey water if possible
- Start to reduce the frequency of houseplant watering
- Clean our cold frames and greenhouses so that they are ready fo ruse in autumn
- Plant spring flowering bulbs
To view more great tips from the RHS click here
Estate Agents l Letting Agents l Property Managers
Cheltenham | Gloucester l Newent l Stonehouse